Software Engineer – Platform Engineering
Whiteblock brings clarity to the blockchain ecosystem by making it fast and easy to validate decentralized solutions under real world deployment conditions. Our team has created Genesis, the platform that lets you rapidly provision fully configured decentralized networks in minutes. It monitors each node in real-time, offering complete visibility into the behavior of distributed systems.
About the role:
As a platform engineer at Whiteblock, you will participate in building the Genesis platform. You will architect new services to best test, analyze and visualize blockchain testing. You will implement high throughput, scalable data pipelines as well as SaaS features for users to integrate and leverage our best in breed technology, so our customers can receive insights instantly.
You’ll have opportunities to:
- Build enterprise-grade open-source blockchain products.
- Engage with the developer community, including meetups and conferences, to nurture adoption and increase exposure to blockchain development.
- Contribute toward and support the success of enterprise-grade solutions developed by Whiteblock and organizations we engage with.
What we are looking for:
- Experience delivering and supporting complex enterprise projects.
- Experience supporting production environments.
- Expert in a programming stack with one or more of the following:
- 2+ years working with Golang.
- 2+ years working with Rust.
- Experience with Agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Experience of collaboration involving TDD and pair programming.
- Experience with the following areas
- Distributed systems.
- Performance analysis and optimization.
- Instrumentation, logging, and metrics.
- Designing and implementing service APIs.
- Designing and implementing libraries and programming APIs.
- Interest in working with remote teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both spoken and written English.
- A self-starter, who is comfortable in a highly dynamic environment and prepared to engage with others to determine overall team direction.